How Can We Help?
For any questions or support
Call us : 1800 419 2727 (Toll Free)
(Mon to Sat 10 AM - 7 PM)
SERVICE / WARRANTY POLICY
A. I. Timex Group India Limited (“Timex”)Warranties its watches (purchased only from Timex authorised sellers) against all manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from the date of retail purchase, subject to exceptions listed below:
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage caused by mishandling of watches including damage to glass, straps and bracelets
- Damage caused by watch being opened/disassembled/repaired/serviced at a un-authorized service outlet
- Damage due to water entry in a non-water resistant watch
- Damage due to exposure to chemicals and solvents.
- Damage to the watch due to physical dents and scratches
II. No Warranty shall be provided on Watches which are purchased from unauthorised sellers.
III. No Warranty shall be provided on Watches which are found to be fake / counterfeit of Timex Watches.
IV. With exception to the above, Timex is committed to adjust, repair or replace parts to bring the customer’s watch back to its original working condition free of cost during the warranty period. The repair will be undertaken provided the watch is returned to Timex Authorized Repair Centers accompanied by relevant Cash Memo/ Invoice/ Warranty card as a proof of Date of Retail Purchase. In absence of Cash Memo/ Invoice/ Warranty card, MOA shall be considered.
B. i. Conditions of Warranty
- Movements/ Modules – Free replacement within two years of retail purchase for all analog/anadigi combo/chronograph movements and within year for digital modules.
- Battery – Free replacement within one year of retail purchase
- Plating peel off – Free replacement of Case or Bracelet for plating peel off/ rusting/ corrosion within one year of retail purchase
- Leather Strap/ PU Strap – Free replacement within 6 months of retail purchase, for manufacturing defects which includes pasting peel off or strap getting cut at spring bar end
- Timex may at its option repair your watch by installing new or thoroughly reconditioned parts or replace it with identical/similar/equivalent value watch.
- In case the replacement of the entire Watch is being made, (subject to the sole discretion of Timex), the same model shall be replaced and in the event such model has been discontinued/not available, it shall be replaced with the model equivalent as deemed by Timex.
- All replaced parts shall become the sole property of Timex.
- Timex does not have a product refund policy and as such Watch purchased shall not be taken back.
- In case of repairs or replacement of any part(s) of the Watch during the Warranty period, the Warranty of Watch shall continue only for the unexpired period of original Watch warranty.
- Timex makes no other express warranty either in writing or otherwise and expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions not stated in this warranty/ service policy.
- The warranty extends only to the Original (First) Purchaser (Consumer) of the Watch and is not assignable or transferable to any other consumer.
- To avail the warranty coverage / benefits, the Customer must visit / deliver his/her Watch to the Company’s Authorized Service Center. The Customer will bear the transportation, delivery and handling charges incurred to visit / deliver the Watch to and from the Timex’s Authorized Service Center.
C. i. Post Warranty Watches
- Timex is committed to service/ repair all its watches for a period of 5 years and such a service (beyond the initial one year warranty) shall be on a chargeable basis.
- In case, after the expiry of warranty period, if Timex is unable to service the watch due to non availability of a part/ of parts making the watch non-functional, Timex in its sole discretion may offer the depreciation policy to the customer. The depreciation policy shall be executed based on the following guidelines :
a) The customer’s watch is bought back by Timex at a value equivalent to an amount depreciated at 20% per year of use, calculated from the date of purchase at customer purchased price.
b) An amount equivalent to purchase price minus the depreciated amount is given to the customer in form of discount for purchasing a new Timex watch
Age of Customer’s watch (from date of purchase) : 2 Years
Customer Purchase Price : Rs. 1000/-
Depreciated amount @ 40% : Rs. 400/- (Rs. 1000 x 40%)
Discount : Rs. 600/- (Rs. 1000 – Rs. 400)
The customer can then avail this discount to buy a new watch
3. There will be 6 month’s warrantee on the parts replaced during post warrantee repairs
4. The Courts of Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over disputes arising in terms of Warranty/service policy.
For Timex Group Service Policies, click below: